Sunday, November 21, 2010

Alright, now that I'm awake, let's go review HP7P1

I'll try not to spoil anything!


Sup.


HP7P1, also known as Harry Potter 7 Part 1.
Man, that's a pretty cool acronym.


Short review:
The movie is 2 hours long, and kinda has some boring parts in the middle, but it does try to keep things exciting. You should probably see it. And since it IS in 2 parts, expect a cliffhanger!! Overall, it's good.


Slightly longer review:
If this is your very first or even second Harry Potter movie that you're gonna watch, and if you haven't read the books, you're gonna be confused as hell. So, go watch/read everything. The movie does a decent job following the book, it does skip a few parts, but it won't be that noticeable.

I definitely laughed kinda hard in a few places. Maybe it was cause I was with friends, or maybe because there was a herd of teenage girls dressed as witches in front of me, and I HAD to out-laugh them. Maybe. But, it's got a nice combo of humor and action. A little awkward in some places (was that dancing scene really necessary?)

The deaths of some of the more notable characters kinda got to me. I think I remember just 3. The non-humans who died....now that freaking got to me. Almost shed a tear near the end. ALMOST.

It was an alright movie. Not perfect, but it's pretty damn good. Go watch it.


And please don't throw your buttery popcorn behind you. He might be a scholar, or something.....and SOMEONE is going have to clean that up...



Have a good day.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry I didn't read, I prefer to watch the movie first :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, you got hit by buttery popcorn? That's unfortunate.

    I do feel as if the movie was hyped up a bit too much, not to say that it was a bad movie, but when you try to squish a whole novel into a 2 hour long movie, some parts of the story will have to be cut out.

    ReplyDelete